Let us know who or what inspires you. We may feature your idea on our web site or blog.
Inspirational Product Designer
Best known as head of design for Braun Industries — the consumer electronics manufacturer — during the 50s and 60s as well as for his influence on Jonathan Ive, Senior Vice President of Industrial Design at Apple.
Here are some side-by-side comparisons of Rams' and Ive's work.
Top row: Braun LE1 speaker ,Braun T1000 radio and Braun T3 pocket radio
Bottom row: Apple iMac, PowerMac G5/Mac Pro and Apple iPod
Dieter Rams' 10 rules for good design:
- Good design is innovative.
- Good design makes a product useful.
- Good design is aesthetic.
- Good design helps us to understand a product.
- Good design is unobtrusive.
- Good design is honest.
- Good design is durable.
- Good design is consequent to the last detail.
- Good design is concerned with the environment.
- Good design is as little design as possible.
- Back to purity, back to simplicity.